Bolivar Fire Dept
211 West Walnut Ave
Bolivar, MO 65613
• Drives and operates fire apparatus as required.
• Performs daily work activities to include but not limited to; testing & maintenance of apparatus, grounds, facilities, and equipment.
• Assists in daily departmental operations including but not limited to; answering phones, correspondence, training, and public relations.
• Enters & maintains incident reports utilizing Firehouse© Software, Microsoft products, or other approved software.
• Conducts fire inspections & fire prevention programs within the community including but not limited to; pre-planning, public education, and occupancy inspections.
• Attends and participates in department training and work sessions as required by supervisory personnel
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Volunteer Category: Firefighter, EMT
• Must be 18 years of age at time of employment.
• Preferred High School Diploma or GED.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES
• Knowledge in Fire Prevention, Fire Suppression, Hazardous Materials, EMS.
• Knowledge of modern fire and emergency medical equipment and apparatus.
• Knowledge and ability to safely operate modern fire suppression tools & equipment including extinguishers, hand tools, and power tools.
• Computer Skills including but not limited to; typing, data entry, Firehouse Software, Microsoft Office Suite, or other approved software.
• Ability to follow instructions from supervisors both written and verbal.
• Ability to interact with subordinates, supervisors, and community in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to mitigate stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Be able to analyze situations and react quickly and effectively.
• Ability to supervise small groups of fire or EMS personnel as needed in both work and emergency situations.
• Must be able to don and doff personal protective equipment used for firefighting, rescue, EMS, and hazardous materials incidents.
• Must perform necessary job functions in this protective equipment.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, & reach in emergency and non-emergency situations.
• Also must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull weight up to 100 pounds.
• Must also pass a Candidate Physical Ability Test.
• Exposure to life threatening conditions and situations associated with firefighting, rescue, hazardous materials incidences, and EMS.
• May be exposed to toxic chemicals, smoke, falls, collapsing buildings or earth, contagious diseases, poor visibility, and ventilation.
• Firefighter I and II within 2 years
• Hazardous Materials Operations Level Certification within 2 years